Friday, April 15, 2011

Working in the Storm

So we were supposedly get severe storms today at work and it seems to wait until I get out of my van to start pouring.  I was in a customer's backyard splicing a line together and as soon as I started to fix the line the bottom fell out of the sky.  The whole time I was saying to myself, "Not yet! Please wait!! Not yet!! A few more minutes!! Please, please, please!!!!"  Of course, that didn't help.  I was getting soaked and looked like an idiot out there without a jacket or umbrella.  As if that wasn't bad enough, My second job was the same a cut line but THIS time it was already pouring down so I brought my umbrella with me.  I got to the spot where I needed to work, bent down, and held he umbrella with my knees.  After a few minutes I felt water on my head.  This isn't possible!  I have an umbrella over my head!  What's up?!?!? I figured out quickly that the umbrella that my wife gave me and said, "Here you can have this one!  I got my new Victoria Secret umbrella!" had a leak and I kept saying to myself, "Are you KIDDING me?!?!  Gee, thanks, Sara!!"  So after getting wet AGAIN even though i had an umbrella I left the house and went to another job where all the work was INSIDE.  This made me happy! :)  All in all, today was a SLOOOOOOOOW day.  I am suppose to get off at 4:30PM but I usually get off a little after or pull back into the shop around 5.  Today I was done by 3!  I had to sit around and wait for my wife to pick me up and she didn't get off until 6:15PM.  I had a LOT of time to waste.....so I pulled out my laptop and watched.....you guessed it....MacGyver!!!  I finished my series so now I need something else to start watching.  Now I am sitting at home, DRY, watching the weather.  Well thats all for tonight.  Thanks for reading and I hope you have a GREAT night!!

No comments: