Saturday, April 30, 2011

Perfect Day......NOT!!

This morning I woke up around midnight, yet again, to my daughter crying at our door.  My wife didn't move a muscle, so I had to get up and see what was the matter.  If you don't know we have a doggie gate at our door so the kids can't get in there unless something was wrong, like last night.  Just wanted to give you that bit of information for those who asked the question,  "Why was she at the door and not go in the room?!?".  Anyways, I picked her up and she was wet a little.  I put her back down and went to her room to find out that she got sick in her bed.  Just a reminder, last week my son woke up in the middle of the night cause he did the same thing. We can't win this battle of sickness here at the Fowler house.  I cleaned her up in the kitchen and gave her a drink to wash it all down and she was screaming she wanted her mommy but she kept gagging so I told her to calm down and we would go get in mommy's bed.  While all of this was going on, my wife STILL had not moved a muscle.  We walked to the bedroom to get back in bed and I flip the light switch to our room and my wife wakes up, "What are you doing? What's wrong?"  Really?!?!?  All this screaming going on and I flip a light switch and you are awake?!?!?  Amazing!!!!  She must have been in a coma or something, but she was getting some good sleep.  That's okay though because I took care of my daughter, for once, and let her get some extra, well needed, sleep.

We woke up this morning and got ready to go to my work venue called Comcast Cares day where we build items and give them to well-needed people and places of the community.  This year we built bookshelves for teachers in Nashville and surrounding areas.  It all went well all the way up there and even while we were there she was great.  She played like nothing was wrong and we painted her face and everything.  We sat down to eat and listen as they did a raffle for prizes, which I didn't win anything by the way.  We left and started driving home and not 5 minutes down the road she got sick again, EVERYWHERE!!  We JUST cleaned the car last night and washed the car seat down and everything.  We got off the interstate to get gas and to clean her up.  We pulled into a Tiger market and while cleaning Kaydee she said, "I want to stay here." and I simply replied, "At the gas station?" where she then replied, "Yeah, at the gas station!".  She started throwing a fit because we weren't gonna stay at the there, LOL.  We got her a Sprite to drink then left for home where she then fell asleep.  The funny thing about the trip was that my son had a portable DVD player and was watching "Happy Feet" when he fell asleep.  I told my wife to turn the movie off and as soon as she picked the DVD player up off his lap he woke up and said, "MOMMY!!!" then fell back asleep.  We got a kick out of that.  We hit Wal-Mart on our way home and picked up cleaning supplies to clean the house because we seem to think it is something here getting them sick.  We just got done cleaning about an hour ago but it is SPOTLESS in here now!!  I am exhausted now and I thought I would let you know about my day.

Well, that's all for tonight probably but I might add some new videos and pictures from Comcast Cares today.  Thanks for reading and have a great night!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious. I hope tomorrow is a better day for our children!! Love you.

Michael Rhinehart said...

Next time just take the gate down and let the kids just go lay down with mommy that way sara won't yell at you right away. Sorry you had such a bad day though